Here’s a quick tutorial on how to downgrade iOS 13 GM to iOS 12 (iOS 12.4.1) on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch right now.
Before going ahead, you may check out the following:
- Download iOS 13 GM (Gold Master) for iPhone Right Now
- Clean Install iOS 13 GM on iPhone Right Now [How to]
Though iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 GM are packed with loads of great new features, there are some who might not find the update in great taste. If you belong to a subset of those people that firmly believes that you should be on iOS 12 instead of iOS 13 or iPadOS 13, then it’s probably a good idea to downgrade iOS 13 GM to iOS 12 right now while Apple is signing the firmware from yesteryear.
Before we get into the nitty gritty, it’s vital to know at this point that the downgrade process is going to wipe everything off your iPhone and iPad. This includes your photos, your music, your apps, games, pretty much everything. But, you can save yourself from all of that trouble by taking a backup of everything using iCloud (Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Backup) or just use the trusty old iTunes. Once you are 100% sure that everything is backed up and ready to be restored, follow the steps outlined below to downgrade iOS 13 GM to iOS 12. And yes, this tutorial works with iPadOS 13 GM users, too.
Quick Note: This entire process requires you to have an internet connection.
1. First and foremost, download and save the iOS 12.4.1 firmware file to your desktop by going here. Once you’re through with that, move forward.
2. At this point, we’re firmly assuming that everything is backed up securely. Connect iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable and then launch iTunes.
3. Once your device is detected, you will notice it as a tiny little iPhone-shaped icon on the top left hand corner of iTunes. Click on it.
4. Click on the ‘Restore iPhone’ button while holding down the left Shift key (Windows) or the left Option key (macOS).
5. Select the iOS 12.4.1 firmware file you downloaded in step 1 and let iTunes restore it.
The entire thing may take a while and during this time I would recommend not touching your phone, tablet or even your computer. It’s a great idea to grab yourself a latte. Once the restore process is complete, you’ll be back on iOS 12.4.1, and from here you can restore an earlier backup or the one which you recently took. If you like, you may even set up your device as a brand new one provided you are planning to give it to someone or just selling it.
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 / iPadOS on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now [Guide]
- Clean Install iOS 13 Beta / iPadOS on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Using iTunes [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13 Beta (or iPadOS) to iOS 12 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Download iOS 13 Beta Over the Air Without Losing Files or Settings
- Download iOS 13 Beta Without Developer Account on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch for Free
- iOS 13 Beta / iPadOS – Which Devices Are Compatible With the New Betas?
The post Downgrade iOS 13 GM to iOS 12 Right Now [iPhone, iPad, iPod touch] by Uzair Ghani appeared first on Wccftech.